Friday, December 30, 2011

Just in case... (Resolutions for 2012)

A lot of sources (albeit ancient sources) say that 2012 may be Earth's last year.  Of course, there are three groups of people as a result: skeptics (2012 is just another year), believers (2012 is our last year!), and the oblivious (What's a Mayan calendar?).  I am not sure which group I fall into, but I'm leaning towards the believers...for one small reason.  I don't actually think the world will end in 2012, but maybe I'll live by these words anyway..."just in case".  What if it is the last year?  What would you do?  What would you say?  How would you live your life?

Here's my "just in case" list for 2012, ya know, just in case.

 Just in case this is my last NYE, I don't want overpriced cocktails, shouting over a crowd of strangers, or the ultimate let down of planning a super-fun night.  You see, the best adventures in life are never, ever planned.  I have only come to this revelation in the last few years.  Before that, I was a victim of disillusionment from movies, TV, and the media.  While I love When Harry Met Sally more than I love some of my own friends (you know who you are:) ), I realize that the last scene of that movie is really The Devil.  New Year's Eve generally does not end with hoards of singing people covered in confetti and a love proclamation.  So, this year, just in case it's the last one, I want to spend NYE with people I love, talking, dancing, rapping...ya know.  Sometimes the best plan is to ditch the plan.

Other resolutions?

Well, guess you'll just have to wait and see...but just in case, I'll be working on that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment